Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Davao in September

It started last year when I first stumbled upon the GO fare promos of Cebu Pacific. September of last year we went to Cebu for 3 days 2 nights. It was how I wanted to celebrate Colin’s 2nd birthday (although we still had a small celebration on the day itself) and it was also a birthday gift for Mita,my Mom. She has the same birth month as Colin so I thought it’s like shooting two birds with one stone. So after that trip I thought why not make it a yearly (around the same time) thing if I’ll be able to get cheap tickets. So for this year it’s Davao! Since we’re somehow set for our HK trip and at least I’ve made a list of what to buy and bring, I’m now busy fixing our the Davao trip. I want to have a firm hotel booking for our Davao stay before we leave for HK. We’d be staying for two nights at a city hotel (which I haven’t decided on yet) then one night at Pearl Farm. I’ve already inquired thru email to two city hotels, Marco Polo Davao and Crown Regency and also to Pearl Farm. So far only Marco Polo has responded. I’m still waiting for the other two. If until tomorrow I don’t get anything from them, maybe I’ll just give them a call. I do hope they answer soon. I’ve also started listing places to visit and things to do while we’re there. A lot have said Eden Nature Park is really a must-see so it’s on top of my list. I’m sure Colin will love it there. I’m sort of torn between checking in a city hotel and just take a day trip to Eden Park OR just check-in at Eden Park so we get to do all the things without worrying about the time. At least if we stay there we can go back to the room from time to time to get some rests in between. Hmmm… maybe I’ll just ask from people who’ve already been there. In the meantime I’m sticking to the city hotel first. Hopefully I’ll be able to make progress in the next few days.

1 comment:

theblogger said...

Hi kitty! How lon will you be staying in Davao? Sayang sana ngayon august 13-20 in time for Kadayawan festival yung trip nyo. Pero usually medyo mahal yata ang fare and if like in the past medyo fully booked ang hotels and mahal rates nila. Yes maganda sa Eden. Matagal na akong hindi nakabalik dun but on my first time there, I really liked the place. Other suggested place to visit Crocodile Park they have a show during sunday afternoon. I'm not sure if they have a website though na you can check. Nakapunta kami dun one time when my sister in law and bf visited us last January. Yun lang nga medyo may amoy yng ibang parts kasi nga sa crocs pero ok minimaintain naman yung place. Jack's Ridge pag gabi ok din coz you can have a good night view of the city. Malagos Garden and Philippine Eagle Center in Calinan pwede nyo rin puntahan. But am not sure kung ano na itsura ng place kasi matagal na akong di nakapunta uli dun kahit taga davao ako. I have not been to Pearl Farm yet but I heard it's really nice kaya lang nga di pasok sa budget namin ni hubby, lahat sa baby :) If you wanna checkout where you can dine in davao you can try to check this link http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=478977